2020 Point of BeginningLaser Scanning & 3D Surveying Trends
Point of Beginning commissioned Clear Seas Research to conduct a trends study in order to provide detailed information on trends involving laser scanning/imaging tools and on usage and attitudes towards 3D surveying tools.
The key objectives for this study are to determine:
- Usage of laser scanning/imaging and 3D surveying tools in workflow
- Laser scanning/imaging recently purchased, and expectations for future purchases
- Expectations for growth within the field, including projected changes in demand for residential, commercial, and infrastructure applications
- Attitudes about how the surveying profession is influencing laser scanning/imaging implementation
- Opinions about how 3D surveying tools are influencing surveying
- Previous training and preference and likelihood for future training
Audience: 205 online completes among active, qualified subscribers to print, digital and/or eNewsletter of Point of Beginning, and myCLEARopinion panelists.
Fieldwork: June, 2020