GPS for Land Surveyors, Fourth Edition
Author: Jan Van Sickle
- Contains up-to-date information on GNSS and GPS
- Provides clear and straightforward explanations
- Delivers a practical approach to the subject
- Avoids heavy reliance on mathematical explanations
- Includes insights from an experienced and well-known land surveyor
For more than a decade, GPS for Land Surveyors has been unique among other books on this topic due to its clear, straightforward treatment of the subject matter. Completely revised and updated, this fourth edition of a perennial bestseller maintains the user-friendly format that made previous editions so popular while addressing changes in hardware, software, and procedures. Neither simplistic nor overly technical, this book introduces the concepts needed to understand and use GPS and Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS).
See What’s New in the Fourth Edition:
- Up-to-date information on GNSS and GPS modernization
- Changes in hardware, software, and procedures
- Comprehensive treatment of novel signals on new blocks of satellites (L5 and L2C)
The book minimizes your reliance on mathematical explanations and maximizes use of illustrations and examples that allow you to visualize and grasp key concepts. The author explains the progression of ideas at the foundation of satellite positioning and delves into some of the particulars. He keeps presentation practical, providing a guide to techniques used in GPS, from their design through observation, processings, real-time kinematic (RTK), and real-time networks. These features and more make it easier for you to meet the challenge of keeping up in this field.