POB Top 100 Report
How did we collect the information?
We began by creating a survey as a cooperative effort between several high level geospatial leaders, POB staff, and Clear Seas Research market research experts. The survey was sent out to more than 25,000 geospatial professionals who subscribe to POB and/or are members of MAPPS. The survey could also be accessed through links on several POB social media web pages. Nearly 250 geospatial experts provided their feedback which Clear Seas Research then carefully analyzed and reported.
How do they use it for decision making?
The POB Top 100 can be used for decision making in a number of ways. First, the report explores the education and license/certifications of geospatial professionals. Purchasers of the study can use the information to make well thought out decisions on what kind of continuing education strategies they need to use in order to stay competitive. It can also be used to determine which licenses/certifications are needed to stay competitive and which ones may give them an edge over others.
Second, the report explores revenue in several ways. The total gross revenue of all participant companies is reported along with what percentage of that is attributed specifically to geospatial work, and how much revenue is generated specifically by geospatial work. Geospatial revenue is also examined by company size, percentage generated from client types (federal, state, local, private), global regions. The results should be used by purchasers to effectively determine if there are revenue generating client types, regions, or types of work that are not being utilized.
Third, the report explores the types of equipment that are currently being used most prevalently, and which types of equipment are expected to be used most prevalently in the future. The percentage change between current usage and expected future usage should be used to determine which types of equipment purchases may need to add to their inventory in the immediate and near future in order to stay competitive or, more preferably, gain a competitive advantage.
What is included in the report?
• Number of Employees & Crew size
• Geospatial Certifications/Licenses Held
• Certification and Licensing Opinions & Attitudes
• Continued Education Offerings
• Total Gross Revenue & Geospatial Specific Revenue
• Geospatial Specific Revenue & Company Size
• Revenue Generation – Average Percent per Work Type
• Current Global Revenue Sources
• Global Revenue Sources In Five Years
• Change in Global Revenue Sources – Change in Involvement
• Entities Geospatial Work is Performed For
• Opinions & Attitudes - % Agreement
• Geospatial Equipment Experience
• Geospatial Equipment – Usage Five Years From Now
• Geospatial Equipment – Change in Usage
• Geospatial Equipment Opinions & Attitudes
Click here to read the Inaugural POB Top 100 article.
If you have questions, please email Aaron Karns at KarnsA@clearseasresearch.com.