Bentley Systems Inc., a leading global provider of software solutions for sustaining infrastructure, has launched new SewerGEMS, SewerCAD, StormCAD, and CivilStorm V8i (SELECTseries 5) products for the analysis and design of wastewater and storm water systems.
In addition to being available as standalone applications and to running on CAD and GIS platforms, the V8i (SELECTseries 5) sewer and storm water products can now be used from within the V8i (SELECTseries 4) versions of OpenRoads-based products. This combines 3D design and hydraulic analysis capabilities in the same platform. The resulting comprehensive civil solution eliminates the need for extra import/export steps or file conversions.
“With these new releases, the automated hydraulic design functionality of our sewer and storm products can be effortlessly combined with the 3D physical design and terrain modeling capabilities of Bentley’s other civil products. From an information mobility standpoint, this has a direct and substantial positive impact on roadway, site and municipal work where hydraulic engineering is just one part of a much larger project,” says Gregg Herrin, Bentley Systems director of product management, hydraulics and hydrology.
Bentley’s SewerGEMS, SewerCAD, StormCAD, and CivilStorm V8i (SELECTseries 5) products provide the following capabilities:
- Ground elevations from terrain models may be used during automated design runs to consider “cover” along a pipe’s length, improving decision making related to system design.
- Terrain model elevations can also now be added to profiles, improving the resulting visualization and the user’s understanding of the physical network.
- New low-impact development (LID) elements are now available, making it easier to model a wider range of controls for storm water management.
- With the new lateral link element, engineers can include lateral pipes in their hydraulic analysis without creating “fake” elements where the laterals connect to the main pipe.
- Easy access to the Bentley Communities professional networking site is embedded within the applications, facilitating communications between users and Bentley’s hydraulic modeling experts.
- Users of any of these SELECTseries 5 releases now benefit from the products’ support of MicroStation V8i (SELECTseries 3), OpenRoads V8i (SELECTseries 4), AutoCAD 2015 and 2016, and ArcGIS 10.2 and 10.3 (SewerGEMS only), giving them the ability to model from within the latest MicroStation, OpenRoads, AutoCAD, or ArcGIS version.
About Bentley Systems
Bentley Systems is a global leader in providing architects, engineers, geospatial professionals, constructors and owner-operators with comprehensive software solutions for advancing the design, construction and operations of infrastructure. Founded in 1984, Bentley has more than 3,000 colleagues in over 50 countries, more than $600 million in annual revenues, and since 2008 has invested more than $1 billion in research, development, and acquisitions.