MicroSurvey Releases New Version Of FieldGenius 8
MicroSurvey Software Inc. is bringing FieldGenius 8 to the surveying industry. The newest version of the powerful survey data collection software was developed through close market collaboration and feedback from users. FieldGenius 8 provides tight control over crucial aspects of field data collection through expanded toolsets and an enhanced user experience.
Key features of the new release include:
- Easy GNSS Local Transformation: A redesigned interface provides a streamlined workflow along with the ability to export/import localization files and use Helmert transformation.
- Enhanced DXF Support: Blocks, extrusion vectors, circles, and other entities are now supported in DXF file format for faster and easier drawing import.
- Advanced Point Averaging: The routine allows users to take multiple GNSS and/or TPS temporary measurements of a point and calculate an averaged position for increased accuracy and reliability.
- All-New Electronic Bubble: Integrated inertial sensors are now supported, which enables tilt compensated surveying on selected receivers and improves efficiency at difficult job sites.
- Native Unicode Support: Unicode character encoding has been implemented throughout the program. International users can now use their own language for data entry inside FieldGenius.
- Simplified GIS Mapping: GIS attributes can now be easily added to figures. In addition, users can quickly access default/previous values for both points and figures to make mapping tasks even easier.
FieldGenius 8 also includes improvements to road alignments, an onboard basic measurement mode, dynamic screen rotation, and expanded ASCII export options. Additionally, the already long list of supported coordinate systems, geoids, instruments, and data collectors has been expanded in the newest version of FieldGenius, making it easy to integrate into any existing survey operation.
To learn more or download a free demo, visit www.microsurvey.com.
MicroSurvey Software Inc., a member of the Hexagon family of companies, has been developing software and hardware solutions for the surveying and mapping industry for more than twenty five years.