Visual Intelligence unveiled a new digital aerial sensor that redefines the capabilities and flexibility of medium-format geoimaging cameras at the ASPRS 2014 Annual Conference in Louisville.
“Medium format cameras are one of the workhorses of the geospatial industry, and the revenue of aerial imaging companies is often tightly linked to—and limited by—the capabilities of traditional camera solutions. The iOne M+ redefines what is possible with a medium format camera and, in doing so, increases the productivity and revenue potential of collection companies,” said Visual Intelligence president and CEO Dr. Armando Guevara. “Geoimaging companies that want to increase revenue with a medium format sensor will benefit from the iOne M+ because it can be flown with LiDAR, produce larger imagery, deliver higher resolution, and much more—all at a lower cost.”
The iOne M+ Medium Format Digital Aerial Sensor represents a significant advancement over traditional medium format aerial cameras, enabling users to generate additional revenue by fulfilling a wider range of geoimaging jobs and delivering higher-quality imagery to clients. iOne M+ is:
• The largest medium-format camera on the market with 108 megapixel image size and expandability to large format and extra-large format
• The most precise medium camera on the market with high accuracy and b/h ratio of .40 rotatable to .60, delivering the accuracy and format required by clients using imagery for engineering projects
• 2-3x faster than other medium-format cameras with frame rate of up to 1 frame per second, delivering much faster performance than other solutions at a lower price
• Able to produce stereo and NIR stereo which allows users to pursue multispectral projects without needing to buy an additional infrared sensor
• Field-reconfigurable from medium to large to extra-large to oblique in the field, enabling imaging companies to maximize the versatility of their system
• Able to collect NIR data simultaneously with color and LiDAR data via the same sensor, which makes it possible for users to fly multiple project types
This is the second major product launch by Visual Intelligence at ASPRS this week: the company also unveiled iOne Oblique Analytix, a software solution that unlocks the potential of oblique imagery by enabling geospatial companies to view, analyze, measure and exploit oblique imagery in powerful new ways.