URISA Issues Call for Presentation Proposals for the 2014 Caribbean GIS Conference
URISA is now accepting presentation proposals for its Seventh Caribbean GIS Conference, taking place Oct. 27-30, 2014 in Curacao. Submissions are due by May 5, 2014.
Since 2001, URISA has presented successful conferences focused on the effective application and management of GIS and other information technologies within the Caribbean. Previous conferences have taken place in Jamaica (2001), Barbados (2004), the Bahamas (2006), Cayman Islands (2008), Trinidad and Tobago (2010) and Jamaica (2012). We are pleased to host the 2014 conference in the Dutch Caribbean.
Objectives of URISA's Caribbean GIS Conference:
• To inform broad cross-section of Caribbean users about GIS technology and applications
• To share experiences regarding GIS implementation and management issues
• To establish new relationships with the vendor/consultant community
• To provide workshops and sessions that are application driven, and are relevant to the Caribbean community of GIS users
• To foster a Caribbean GIS network
• To assess the state of readiness of national and regional Spatial Data Infrastructures
• To act on directives from the High Level Meetings held over the past several years, fostering executive support for GIS
The conference program is developed through a Call for Presentations. The committee welcomes the submission of individual papers, complete sessions, panel discussions and lightning talks and has proposed a long list of suggested topics for consideration, from "Big data to support planning and development" to "Environmental monitoring and analysis."
Interested individuals are encouraged to review the suggested topics list and consider submitting an abstract. Note that all abstracts received will be reviewed and considered for the conference program regardless of the list put forward.
Visit http://www.urisa.org/education-events/caribbean-gis-conference/ for further details and an online submission form. Submissions must be received by May 5, 2014.