Applanix, a world leader in products and solutions for mobile mapping and positioning, announced the Trimble CenterPoint RTX correction service will be available across its entire airborne mapping portfolio.
Using the Trimble CenterPoint RTX correction service, Applanix will be able to deliver benefits to the aerial survey marketplace:
- High Accuracy–better than 10 cm RMS Horizontal after convergence
- Speed and Low Cost-no need for setting up base stations, no need to wait for delivery of public-domain ephemeris data
- Simplicity-deal directly with Trimble (no third party involvement)
- More Uptime and Reliability–use Trimble’s professionally managed, highly maintained private network
- Ease of Use-there is no additional hardware to purchase, integrate or maintain
- Fast and reliable convergence–30 minutes or less to full accuracy
The announcement was made at Trimble’s China Dimensions User Conference. The CenterPoint RTX service for Applanix airborne mapping products is expected to be available in the fourth quarter of 2013.
"The Applanix aerial mapping portfolio is trusted throughout the aerial mapping community to provide highly accurate position and orientation information for directly georeferencing camera and sensor data,” said Joe Hutton, Director of Airborne Products at Applanix. “By integrating the Trimble CenterPoint RTX correction service, we are maintaining our position at the forefront of accuracy, robustness, and high efficiency in airborne mapping. The CenterPoint RTX correction service gives Applanix products the ability to achieve accuracy required for many types of mapping projects in real time and post-mission, all without the need for base stations–an industry first.”
Trimble CenterPoint RTX correction service is a GPS, GLONASS and QZSS enabled correction service built on Trimble RTX technology. This breakthrough technology provides high-accuracy GNSS positioning without the use of traditional reference station-based differential RTK infrastructure.
The solution is also fully compatible with the Applanix POSPac software to achieve the same level of orientation accuracy as when using base stations, all without the need to have an Internet connection or wait for precise ephemeris data to be available.