PCI Geomatics Releases Geomatica Discover
PCI Geomatics, a developer of remote sensing and photogrammetric software and systems, released Geomatica Discover, PCI’s browser-based software tool that crawls local, system drives or removable drives to automatically create a searchable, geospatial data catalog.
“One of the biggest challenges our users are faced with is the rapid rate of data creation, which can cause inefficiencies and result in wasted time searching for suitable geospatial data within their organization when executing projects,” said Peter Hazlett, product manager at PCI Geomatics. “Geomatica Discover brings a great deal of value to anyone working with geospatial data by creating a simple, searchable and graphical database.”
Geomatica Discover is designed to help users locate the data they need for specific projects. Users can either create search queries based on image/sensor type, resolution, acquisition date, geolocation or search for data by panning and zooming on the map-based interface to obtain real-time results over a specific area. Users can also sort imagery based on metadata, define rules to group imagery into sets and bundle, archive and share imagery in a few mouse clicks.
Geomatica Discover, available for Windows operating systems, supports the latest versions of Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox.
• Browser-based GUI streamlines working with data.
• Import any type of geospatial data, create sets, search metadata and more.
• Open data directly into Geomatica Focus from the Discover interface (requires Geomatica 2013 SP2).
• Bundle and archive your selected datasets for easy organization and sharing.
• Graphical footprints for all of your data with simple GUI pan and zoom tools.