LIVERMORE, Calif. – Topcon’s patented Vanguard technology sets a standard in satellite signal tracking and performance. With Universal Tracking technology and 226 channels available, all current and upcoming GNSS constellations can be tracked.
Fraser Smith, director of GNSS product management for Topcon Positioning Systems (TPS), said, “The new Vanguard GNSS technology uses the most advanced GNSS signal tracking and processing architecture available in the marketplace.” Vanguard includes several exclusive solutions: Quartz Lock Loop for superior signal processing in heavy vibration applications, Universal Tracking channels for all in view tracking and Intelligent Tracking Optimization to select the best combination of available satellites.
TPS recently announced the new HiPer SR, an advanced GNSS RTK receiver based around Vanguard technology, with a compact and lightweight design. Additionally, in September, the B110 with Vanguard, an ultra-compact board capable of providing scalable positioning from sub-meter DGPS to sub-centimeter RTK positioning, was announced. Now Vanguard is being integrated into additional Topcon and Sokkia GNSS receivers.
In addition to the features above, Vanguard technology also includes:
- Compact system-on-chip, multicore design with small integration footprint;
- Comprehensive support for the entire GNSS frequency spectrum;
- Integrated L-Band signal demodulator;
- Modernized multi-constellation signal support for GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, Compass;
- Comprehensive peripheral interface support, and;
- Reduced power consumption to prolong battery life.