LIVERMORE, Calif. – Topcon Positioning Systems (TPS) released the Tesla RTK, a GNSS network RTK rover system integrated into the recently introduced cross-over tablet controller, the Topcon Tesla.
With a 5.7-inch color touchscreen display, the Topcon Tesla RTK features direct touch access to all controls, designed to make it easy to read and operate, even in bright sunlight.
Scott Langbein, TPS director of product marketing, said, “Designed with harsh outdoor conditions in mind, the Topcon Tesla has been field tested and proven to be a popular solution as a rugged field computer. Boasting an IP67 environmental rating, the Topcon Tesla RTK can be submersed in water and still function. The unit is also designed to withstand drops from 4 feet (1.2m).”
Standard product features include:
- Dual-constellation (GPS+GLONASS) precision GNSS receiver;
- Topcon’s exclusive Universal Tracking Channel technology;
- Fast 806 MHz processor;
- 3.2 MP camera;
- 3.5 G cellular modem;
- Integrated Bluetooth and WiFi connectivity.
The operating system, Microsoft Windows Embedded Handheld 6.5, provides for easy integration with other application software, and quickly processes high-resolution images and graphics. For GIS and mapping customers, the Tesla RTK can be scaled to fit any accuracy requirement, by offering a range of options, including 2-5 meter, sub-meter, decimeter and centimeter-level precision – all through a “simple firmware upgrade,” Langbein said. “This flexibility, combined with a choice of eGIS or ArcPad field controller software, offers a diverse solution to fit any GIS application.”
Additional features include:
- Rover system includes rugged and lightweight PG-S1 antenna, with Topcon’s Fence Antenna technology;
- Weather-sealed USB ports to quickly and easily add or remove files;
- Removable “smart charge” Li-Ion battery packs;
- When used with MAGNET Field Software, features include cloud-based data exchange, saved configurations, smart coding, live Bing Map overlays and chat message capabilities.