URISA Announces Caribbean GIS Conference
Des Plaines, Ill. – URISA is holding its sixth Caribbean GIS Conference during the week of Nov. 12 in Montego Bay, Jamaica. GIS professionals from across the region are taking advantage of early registration discounted rates which are only available through Monday, Sep. 10.
The 2012 event is themed "Spatial Technologies - Critical Thinking for Critical Times," and the objectives of URISA's Caribbean GIS Conference include:
- To inform broad cross-section of Caribbean users about GIS technology and applications
- To share experiences regarding GIS implementation and management issues
- To establish new relationships with the vendor/consultant community
- To provide workshops and sessions that are application driven, and are relevant to the Caribbean community of GIS users
- To foster a Caribbean GIS network
- To assess the state of readiness of national and regional Spatial Data Infrastructures
Preconference training and workshops, along with dozens of educational sessions covering important topics including disaster risk assessment and response, land management, environmental modeling and much more, make this an educational experience for GIS professionals. For complete conference details, including sponsorship and exhibiting opportunities, visit http://www.urisa.org/carib2012.