Huntsville, Ala. – QCoherent Software, a developer of LiDAR tools for the ArcGIS environment, announced the release of LP360 2012.1. LP360 offers both standalone and ArcGIS integrated versions.
New features offered in LP360 2012.1 include:
- Intensity Filter – Filters based upon the return intensity of LiDAR points.
- Model Key Points, Point Cloud Task – A new Point Cloud Task has been developed to reduce source point density based on a surface error model.
- Flags Filter – LP360 now includes a filter based on the "flags" LAS point attribute. Flags include Synthetic, Overlap, Withheld and Model Key Point.
- Evaluation License via Internet – New LP360 users can now obtain an evaluation license via the internet using the LP360 License Administrator. The evaluation license will be valid for 30 days at the Standard License level.
- IMG raster file support – Added support for IMG raster files for the standalone version (IMG was already supported in the ArcGIS version).
In addition to new features, the following items have been updated to include new functionality:
- New draw types including "Display Wireframe of TIN Surface" and "Display Points on Wireframe of TIN surface".
- Ability to Select Different License Types – Users can now select or change the floating license type from within the LP360 Standalone application.
- Enhanced License Administrator – Maintenance expiration dates for both floating and node-locked licenses are now displayed. The grids in the user interface are now sortable.
QCoherent continues to offer its GeoCue integrated solutions for Quality Check/Edit (LP360 EQC) and railway feature extraction (LP360 RFX) through its OEM relationship with GeoCue Corporation.