MAPPS Announces New State Chapter in Georgia
Reston, Va. - MAPPS has announced the formation of its third state chapter, with the establishment of GA-MAPPS in Georgia.
The initial Board of Directors will be President Jeff Simmons, PLS (Photo Science, Inc.); Vice President Chris Ogier (Woolpert, Inc.); Secretary Bill Daniel, CP, PLS (Lowe Engineers); Treasurer Jim Sease (Metro Geospatial) and Director Geoff Adamo (Nokia).
The goals of GA-MAPPS will be to:
- Build relationships with local and state government
- Provide a voice for the private sector and the community-at-large in governmental processes
- Pursue relationships with professional geospatial organizations in Georgia
- Provide a forum for private geospatial firms in the state
- Promote qualifications based selection (QBS) in the State of Georgia
The first meeting of GA-MAPPS will be held on Tuesday, June 26 at the offices of Lowe Engineers, Six Concourse Parkway, Suite 1000, Atlanta, 30328 at 1:00 PM. The meeting is open to MAPPS members and non-members who register in advance.
In order to be a member of GA-MAPPS, a firm must be a member of the MAPPS national association. Private sector geospatial firms with offices or employees in Georgia are encouraged to join the state chapter. Firms can enroll on the MAPPS website.
Georgia (GA-MAPPS) is the third state chapter of the association, following Pennsylvania (PA-MAPPS) formed in 2007 and Colorado (CO-MAPPS) formed in 2011.