URISA Conference Calls For Presentation Proposals
Presentation proposals for the 2016 conference are due Dec. 1, 2015
URISA is pleased to announce the call for presentations for the eighth URISA Caribbean GIS Conference, taking place in Barbados, Sept, 5-8, 2016. Presentation proposals are due by Dec. 1, 2015.
Since 2001, URISA has hosted several conferences focused on the effective application and management of GIS and other information technologies within the Caribbean. Previous events have taken place in Jamaica, Barbados, the Bahamas, Cayman Islands, Trinidad and Tobago and Curacao.
The conference is organized by a committee of Caribbean GIS professionals, who dedicate considerable time and energy to developing an educational program. The committee welcomes the submission of individual papers, complete sessions, panel discussions and lightning talks.
The following list of includes suggested topics for consideration. However, all submissions received will be reviewed and considered for the conference program regardless of the list below.
- National SDI implementation
- Mobile technology and field data collection
- Climate change
- Collaboration, coordination and cooperation across departments, agencies, ministries, regions
- GIS management challenges and best practices
- Sustainable capacity building
- Water resources
- Standards, Policy
- Modern Geodetic Framework
- Big data to support planning and development
- Web solutions
- Business intelligence and analytics
- GIS in support of economic development
- GIS in public safety, emergency response and disaster management
- Improving addressing
- Landuse planning
- Coastal and marine spatial planning
- Environmental monitoring and analysis
- Commercial applications including retail, insurance, manufacturing, financial services
- The use of location technology
- Land/Parcel management
- GIS in the ‘Cloud’
- How to prepare/use Census GIS
- Citizen's use of GIS - web access
- Aerial imagery and LiDAR
- Use of drones/UAVs for collecting imagery
- Innovative health GIS applications
- Oil and gas
- Enterprise GIS trends
- Open Source GIS
- PPGIS - community participation
- Developing GIS leaders in your organization
- Data management challenges
- Standards implementation issues and experiences
- Data sharing, open data
- Creative funding solutions
- Other topics
Abstract submissions are due no later than Dec. 1, 2015. For details and an online submission form, click here.
URISA is an international geospatial organization that provides professional education and training, advocacy for the profession, and essential resources to foster excellence in GIS. URISA's Caribbean Chapter strives to be the leading medium of the Caribbean Geospatial Community providing geospatial professionals with opportunities for educational development, networking, leadership, coordination and representation.