Hemisphere GNSS Offers New Flexible Global Correction Service
Atlas offers flexible platform, accuracy level option to industry
Hemisphere GNSS announces the release of Atlas, a new entrant into the GNSS global correction services market. Available today, Atlas is a flexible service, delivered via L-Band or the Internet at accuracy levels ranging from meter level to sub-decimeter level. Support is being introduced across a wide range of hardware including Hemisphere’s new AtlasLink smart antenna.
“Since joining Hemisphere, I have heard from customers large and small that they need a different option when it comes to high-accuracy corrections, one they can buy from their provider of choice and with little to no impact on their operating budgets,” says Chuck Joseph, Hemisphere GNSS chief executive officer and president. “We listened hard to what they told us and built Atlas to answer their needs — a totally new service that delivers freedom of choice to our customers along with industry leading corrections at dramatically reduced prices.”
Systems supporting Atlas utilize the newly released and proven Athena GNSS engine. To be able to utilize Atlas corrections, users of supported systems will need to update to Athena firmware and purchase a subscription through the Atlas portal.
- Positioning accuracy: Atlas provides competitive positioning accuracies down to 2 centimeters RMS in certain applications, often exceeding competitive systems’ capabilities.
- Positioning sustainability: Cutting-edge position quality maintenance in the absence of correction signals, using Hemisphere’s Tracer technology.
- Scalable service levels: Atlas is designed to serve all. It is capable of providing virtually any accuracy, precision and repeatability level in the 5- to 100-centimeter range.
- Convergence time: Industry-leading convergence times of 10 to 40 minutes.
- Exclusive agnostic capability: SmartLink technology allows an AtlasLink antenna to be used as an Atlas signal extension for any GNSS system compliant with open communication standards.
- Network RTK augmentation: BaseLink technology allows Atlas-capable receivers to self-calibrate, self-survey and automatically manage the transmission of RTK correction data to augment or extend established or new GNSS reference networks in areas of poor internet connectivity.
Starting June 19, Atlas will be available for subscription at the dedicated Atlas web portal across a range of Hemisphere’s multi-frequency, RTK-capable products, such as AtlasLink, R330u, V320, and VS330u. It will also be available from a number of their channel partners and OEMs such as Carlson Software Inc.
About Hemisphere GNSS
Hemisphere GNSS designs and manufactures GNSS products for precise positioning, heading and navigation. Applications include marine, surveying, construction, mapping, OEM, and other markets. Hemisphere GNSS is headquartered in Scottsdale, Ariz.