TerraGo has announced the availability of TerraGo Edge 3.6 mobility software. The upgraded version features enhanced support for high accuracy GPS receivers on iOS and Android, as well as a host of new mapping features, basemap sources and integration with Google Earth.
“TerraGo Edge’s enhanced support for EOS and SXBlue receivers helps users take advantage of real-time, high-precision GPS receivers while getting all the productivity benefits that come with the smartphone and tablet user experience,” says Brian Mickel, technical consultant, LHNav. “This is the future of GPS data collection where mobile users can integrate independent GPS receivers to get whatever level of accuracy the job requires.”
New features include:
- Sub-meter and cm precision with SXBlue and EOS GPS receivers for iOS and Android
- Polygon and polyline note support added on iPhone and Android
- Auto-drawing polygons and polylines from GPS points
- Multi-note view on iPhone and Android
- KML import and export added to growing list of data interfaces, improves Google Earth integration
- New mapping features and editing of polygon notes
- New “over-zoom" feature that allows extreme map zooming on all devices and basemaps
- Brand new basemap source options
TerraGo Edge is an open GPS data collection solution, helping customers replace outdated handhelds and proprietary databases with an open, modern, mobile solution. For the field users, TerraGo Edge delivers any level of precision with support for a full range of Bluetooth GPS receivers on Android and iOS. For the manager, TerraGo Edge provides a real-time dashboard for monitoring field users and data collection. For GIS users, TerraGo Edge provides accuracy settings that ensure GPS data quality, with tools for QA and open export to any GIS or CAD system.