Ten members of MAPPS received the President’s Award for Service at the association’s annual summer conference in Rockport, Maine, in July.
Immediate past president Richard “Dick” McDonald recognized these individuals for their contributions to MAPPS and the geospatial profession:
- Mike Tully, CP, GISP, (Aerial Services, Inc., Cedar Falls, Iowa) for service as Program Committee chairman.
- Pat Olson, CP, PE, PLS, (AeroMetric, Inc., Sheboygan, Wis.) for work on Federal Aviation Administration LIDAR issues and for his service as MAPPS PAC chairman, USGS liaison, COFPAES delegate, and as a member of National Geospatial Advisory Committee (NGAC).
- Dale Jobes, (Magnolia River, Huntsville, Ala.) for work as the first president on the MAPPS state chapter in Alabama.
- Dave Holm (Fugro, Rapid City, N.D.) for representing MAPPS and making a presentation at the Association of American State Geologists (AASG) conference in Deadwood, S.D. that resulted in AASG endorsing the USGS 3DEP program and supporting the MAPPS effort to secure funding from Congress.
- Jim Van Rens (RIEGL USA, Orlando, Fla.) for work on FAA LiDAR issues.
- Brian Raber, CMS, GISP, GLS (Merrick & Company, Greenwood Village, Colo.) for work in development of the Geospatial and Engineering International Conference MAPPS will host in Alexandria, Va., on Nov. 13-14.
- Scott Perkins, GISP (AeroMetric, Inc., Overland Park, Kan.) for work as chairman of the NOAA liaison and as vice chairman of the Hydrographic Services Review Panel (HSRP).
- Kurt Allen, PLS (Photo Science, Inc., Chesapeake Beach, Md.) for his Digital Coast briefing to Congress and his service as chair of the Legislative Affairs Committee and MAPPS PAC trustee.
- Richard Crouse (Richard Crouse & Associates, Inc., Frederick, Md.) for work as chairman of the Aerial Acquisition Committee.
- Claire Kiedrowski (Kappa Mapping, Inc., Bangor, Maine) for all her services as a director and secretary on the MAPPS board and for work on the MAPPS 2013 Summer Conference in Maine.