Portland, Maine – SPAR Point Group, organizer of the SPAR Europe 3D Measurement & Imaging Conference and European LiDAR Mapping Forum (ELMF), announced a Call for Papers for the 2013 events which will take place Nov. 11-13 at the Passenger Terminal Amsterdam (PTA) in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. The Call for Papers invites any interested parties to submit abstracts by the deadline of July 15 using the online submission form.
SPAR Europe and ELMF are taking place together for the first time, bringing the world of 3D measurement together in its various forms: aerial, terrestrial, mobile, static, bathymetric, handheld, photogrammetry and more. The events focus on technology advances in end-to-end 3D that can be used in diverse industries and disciplines.
Papers in the following topical areas are encouraged:
Comparisons of 3D measurement capture methods and practices from LiDAR and laser scanning to short-range and consumer 3D measurement including:
- Laser scanning
- LiDAR – airborne and terrestrial
- Mobile surveying and mapping
- Bathymetry and underwater measurement
- Short-range measurement
- Kinect, Shapeshot and other structured-light applications
- Indoor mobile mapping and kinematic scanning
Data processing and workflow considerations for 3D measurement including:
- Working with point clouds, including feature extraction
- Straight-to-model in practice
- Building Information Modeling (BIM)
- Kinematic scanning using Simultaneous Location and Mapping (SLAM) algorithms
- Facility design considerations
- Dimensional control for fabrication and modular construction
- Workflow considerations
- Integrating disparate systems
- Data standardization
- Data fusion
Visualization and deliverables of 3D measurements including:
- Intelligent 3D models
- 3D printing
- Augmented Reality
- 3D virtualization
- Web-based file sharing
- Contracting for deliverables
The combined SPAR Europe/ELMF advisory board, together with SPAR Point Group, will review submitted abstracts and announce the final program in early September. For more information, visit the Call for Presenters page.
This is the fourth edition for both events, which were launched in 2010 following the success of their U.S. counterparts, SPAR International and the International LiDAR Mapping Forum (ILMF). ILMF and ELMF were recently purchased by Diversified Business Communications, owner of SPAR Point Group.
“Holding the European events together gives customers the full spectrum of data capture, processing and delivery at one time,” said Lisa Murray, director of SPAR Point Group. “For one registration fee, attendees can attend both events and have their choice of education.”