With the introduction of the Trimble R10, Trimble also released new versions of its field and office software - Trimble Access 2012.20 and Trimble Business Center 2.80 to extend Trimble's Connected Site survey solution.
"Faster results, better reliability and improved overall performance are what our customers have come to expect," said Anders Rhodin, general manager of Trimble's Survey Division. "With the introduction of the Trimble R10, Trimble is delivering next generation capabilities in a smaller, lighter and feature-packed system."
The Trimble HD-GNSS processing engine integrated in the Trimble R10 is a new generation of core positioning technology. Trimble HD-GNSS surpasses traditional fixed/float techniques to provide a more accurate assessment of error estimates. Measurements collected with Trimble HD-GNSS are precision-based so users can confidently collect data in challenging environments where they may have been unable to collect data before. Reduced convergence times and instantaneous point measurements allow users to start measuring sooner and up to 60 percent faster.
Supporting 440 channels with two built-in Trimble Maxwell 6 chips, the Trimble R10's integrated Trimble 360 technology allows consistent and reliable tracking of available GNSS satellite signals for existing and currently planned GNSS constellations and augmentations.
Trimble has extended its Trimble SurePoint technology to the GNSS surveying system, simplifying the survey data collection workflow by providing faster measurements, increased accuracy and greater quality control. The Trimble R10 includes an electronic bubble that appears on the controller display so that all measurement information is displayed in one place. Trimble SurePoint constantly monitors the pole tilt and protects from collecting erroneous data by only allowing data to be stored when the survey pole is plumb. Simultaneously, pole tilt angle values are stored for every point collected to ensure data traceability.
Powered by Trimble RTX technology, new Trimble xFill leverages a worldwide network of Trimble GNSS reference stations to deliver position information via geostationary satellites. xFill seamlessly 'fills in' for RTK or VRS corrections in the event of a temporary connection outage such as a radio black spot so users experience less downtime in the field.
Additional features of the new GNSS system include multiple connectivity capabilities such as Wi-Fi and 3G cellular connectivity, a lithium-ion battery, an integrated GNSS antenna, 4 GB internal memory and an internal 2 Watt radio.
Trimble Access is a field solution that enables wireless connectivity between the project team members to expedite data collection, processing, analysis and project information delivery through improved workflows, collaboration and control. The complete solution speeds tasks, and enables easy and fast two-way information sharing between the field crew and the office.
Trimble Access version 2012.20 offers new functionality compatible with the Trimble R10, including:
- Tilt auto-measure: Topo point or Papid point measurements can now be automatically started when the pole is plumbed to within a predefined tilt tolerance. Coupled with auto store, hundreds of points can be measured with only one tap on Measure.
- Tilt warnings: Users are now notified if the pole moves outside a predefined tilt tolerance during point measurement.
- Tilt distances: Measurements collected with the Trimble R10 can now have an associated tilt distance providing additional quality control information. Use the QC Graph for a quick visual check to see the range of tilt distance errors for any particular job.
- eBubble display: An electronic bubble can be used instead of a traditional pole bubble. The eBubble enables a clearer, easier and more accessible display of the bubble providing the surveyor just one place to focus when leveling and measuring.
Trimble Business Center office software is a complete surveying office suite designed to manage, analyze and process all field survey data, including data from optical instruments (total stations and levels), GPS/GNSS and spatial stations (imaging and 3D scanning data).
Version 2.80 advances the capabilities of surveying offices with key new functionality, including:
- Trimble R10 support: Users can import RTK and PPK tilt magnitude and quality data from a Trimble Access Job or JobXML file and also export this data using the Custom Exporter. The new version also has the capability to Import Trimble Access Job or Job XML files containing xFill observations.
- Ribbon menu layout: A new ribbon menu layout and quick access toolbar help users quickly locate commands required to complete a task for an improved user experience.
- Microsoft Windows 8 support: Version 2.80 is compatible with the Microsoft Windows 8 Operating System.
- Station View field-of-vision indicator: Users can view which Station Views are open and in which direction they are facing. The indicators improve workflows for measuring points photogrammetrically with images from Trimble VISION instruments.