GeoShack Offers HD Mobile Mapping System
Topcon’s IP-S2 HD Mobile Mapping System overcomes the challenges of mapping linear features to a high level of accuracy. Accurate vehicle positions are obtained using three redundant technologies: a dual frequency GNSS receiver establishes a geospatial position; an Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU) tracks vehicle posse; and connection to external wheel encoders obtains odometry information. These three technologies work together to sustain a highly accurate 3D position for the vehicle even in locations where satellite signals can be blocked by obstructions such as buildings, bridges, or tree lines.
The IP-S2 HD Mapper provides fast, high accuracy, high density data and dynamic imaging for any linear mapping project. The vehicle-mounted system collects data at normal roadway travel speeds. Safety is improved by removing data collection personnel from vehicular travel areas.
IP-S2 HD Mapper Features:
- High Density, Long Range LiDAR sensor for ultimate visual detail
- High Accuracy IMU and DMI Odometry for positional accuracy and reliability
- Geo-referenced, Time-Stamped, Point Clouds and Imagery
- 360 Camera for Spherical Image Capture
- Powered Retractable Mounting System
- Roadway Asset Management
- Homeland Security
- Disaster Management
Power Transmission and Distribution