“For many surveyors, Trimble Business Center software is already an indispensable resource,” said Anders Rhodin director of Trimble’s Survey Business. “It allows survey data managers to combine GNSS and optical surveying data as well as digital image data from Trimble surveying instruments into a single file, and output desired data to a range of applications such as GIS, photogrammetry and CAD. Combined with Trimble Access Services, stakeholders can collaborate securely through the Trimble Connected Community portal for maximum productivity throughout the phases of the project. These software advances put our customers further into the forefront of Integrated Surveying, with all its associated benefits of productivity, performance and convenience.”
Trimble Business Center is an office desktop solution that integrates common survey office processing tasks for GNSS and optical terrestrial surveying data into a single, unified package. Trimble Access Services are a suite of powerful, Web-based applications that enhance survey efficiency through the power of "the cloud," by enabling subscribers to easily share information for faster delivery from the field and last-minute changes from the office. Together, the new Trimble Business Center 2.50 and the Data Processing Service provide surveyors with substantial new capabilities for processing, enhancing and customizing their survey data and collaborating with the field survey team.
Trimble Business Center 2.50 SoftwareTrimble Business Center 2.50 is exceptionally easy to use, intuitive, and flexible. It includes new and enhanced features that give office staff the ability to fully utilize the integrated survey workflow for increased productivity. These enhancements are especially powerful when combined with the newly released Trimble Access 2011.00 and Trimble RealWorks 7.0.
New features empower the user to:
- Start processing integrated survey projects in Trimble Business Center and then move survey, scan and image data seamlessly to Trimble RealWorks to complete point-cloud and image processing;
- Readily export/import more reduced-point and observed-point information to/from other applications; load more images and data while maintaining system performance;
- Easily compute weighted averages for point coordinates; create and deliver stunning panoramic displays from Trimble VX Spatial Station and Trimble S8 VISION data sets;
- Perform complicated tasks easily with step-by-step Workflow Guides;
- Easily create custom, geo-referenced images to use in the field with Trimble Access;
- In addition, media files, such as digital photos captured with the Trimble TSC3 controller and Trimble Tablet can now be easily displayed, edited, and exported to GIS and Google Earth.
Trimble Access Services-Data Processing ServiceThe new Data Processing Service is available from the Trimble Business Center 2.50 software and Trimble Connected Community portal. The service makes it easy for the user, with just a few simple steps, to send raw GNSS observation files to an internet processing service, such as AUSPOS and Online Positioning User Service (OPUS), which returns a corrected coordinate for the observed control point. OPUS, which is owned by the U.S. National Geodetic Survey (NGS), returns an XML file that can be directly imported to Trimble Business Center to incorporate processed points with other survey data. The Data Processing Service can also automatically convert Trimble-format files to RINEX, and read antenna information for verification and editing.
Trimble Business Center version 2.50 software and the Data Processing Service are available now through Trimble’s survey distribution channel.
For more information, visit www.trimble.com.