The International LiDAR Mapping Forum [ILMF], the premier event for the LIDAR industry attracting professionals from all over the world and supported by ASPRS and MAPPS has announced a Call for Papers for the 2012 event, to be held in Denver, Colo. from January 23-25, 2012.
The last event was held in New Orleans earlier this year and welcomed a total of 576 delegates from 33 countries who collectively gave first rate feedback about the technical conference program where they heard 34 technical papers presented by leading authorities in their field.
The three day world class Technical Conference will welcome speakers from the international LIDAR community who will report on latest technology advances and recent projects, highlighting actual experiences and lessons learned.
Authors wishing to submit a paper for the conference are requested to submit an abstract of no more than 250 words by visitingwww.lidarmap.org/conference/submit_papers.aspx
The following topics should act as a guideline:
• Data Acquisition - Airborne LiDAR – Acquisition systems, imagery and complementary sensors and best practices
• Data Acquisition - Bathymetric LiDAR – Acquisition and imaging systems and best practices for the flood plain, coastal and estuarine/river bathymetry sectors
• Data Fusion & Processing Technologies – Geospatial data capture, processing, analysis, management, archiving and retrieval; improving operational excellence; processing mobile imagery
• Developments in GIS & Data modelling – 3D visualization, integration with photo-imagery, urban modelling; remote access and processing of LiDAR data
• Industry Issues – Federal and individual State initiatives; operating and GIS standards, quality and productivity issues; recruitment/training issues
• Mobile Mapping & Survey – Vehicle-based high speed mapping systems; operational practices and data management
• Recent Project Examples – LiDAR customers and service providers reporting on experiences in all areas of LiDAR and Mobile Mapping, on commercial and State – funded projects
• Systems Integration – Technology advances in data capture, data processing and improved operations efficiency
• Trends in Technology Development – New developments, applications, operational practises and emerging markets
The deadline for submitting an abstract is Wednesday September 7, 2011.The ILMF Technical Committee lead by Conference Chairman Alastair MacDonald from TMSI will peer review each abstract.
For delegates new to the LIDAR community, or those wishing to learn how LIDAR technology can deliver increased mapping knowledge at a reduced cost, there is a full series of learning Workshops and demonstrations.
ILMF 2012 will also feature more than 50 leading companies in this rapidly growing global market showcasing new LIDAR products and a wide range of new technologies and services. Exhibitors include the LIDAR and complementary sensor manufacturers, survey service companies, data processing, GIS and management specialists and the latest mobile mapping vehicles. The exhibition also houses an informative array of technical posters from academia and industry.
For further information please email@example.com go towww.lidarmap.org.
ILMF 2012 Launch Call for Papers
June 1, 2011