Spectra Precision introduced several additions to its growing portfolio of solutions focused on mainstream surveying and construction needs.
The announcement was made at its Worldwide Distribution Conference held in Nuremburg, Germany. The expanded product portfolio will be showcased at INTERGEO 2011, the world’s largest conference on geodesy, geoinformatics and land management.
Spectra Precision ProMark 800 GNSS Receiver
Spectra Precision, following the recent acquisition of Ashtech, now offers an expanded product line of Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) receivers. The new Spectra Precision ProMark 800 receiver, using advanced Z-BLADE multi-constellation GNSS processing technology, tracks a wide range of available satellite signals including GPS, GLONASS and Galileo as well as WAAS, EGNOS and MSAS satellite-based augmentation systems. This universal GNSS receiver can be operated as a base, rover or network rover for Real-Time Kinematic (RTK) or Static field applications.
The advanced Z-BLADE technology aggregates and processes satellite signals in a new and innovative way to deliver unprecedented efficiency that enables faster, more stable RTK positions, particularly in difficult environments such as urban canyons and beneath tree canopies.
With robust, integrated communications features, the ProMark 800 is an all-in-one system that enables NTRIP, direct IP or point-to-point real-time communications via a built-in GSM/GPRS/3.5G modem, and a wide selection of UHF modules. Auto dial provides easy connection to RTK networks and automatic reconnect to the last mount point. An RTC bridge function enables a network-connected ProMark 800 rover to rebroadcast RTK corrections to multiple rovers.
Lightweight, waterproof, shock-resistant and cable-free, the ProMark 800 offers all-day operation in harsh environmental conditions with its long battery life. The ProMark 800 solution provides improved equipment integration for working in projects with a variety of surveying equipment. The receiver operates with a choice of field software, including the popular Spectra Precision Survey Pro field software to meet the user’s measurement and data collection needs.
"The ProMark 800 GNSS receiver is designed to support an even greater number of satellite signals to keep pace with the new opportunities provided by satellite positioning services," said Francois Erceau general manager of Spectra Precision. "Our commitment to the everyday measurement professional remains steadfast in reducing barriers to access economical and quality precision tools to sustain their business needs.”
All Spectra Precision GNSS receivers, including the ProMark Series, are supported by updated Spectra Precision Survey Office version 2.60 as well as a new version of the Spectra Precision Survey Pro 5.0 field software.
Spectra Precision Survey Pro 5.0 Field Software
Spectra Precision Survey Pro field software provides surveyors with a complete set of capabilities for a wide variety of survey and construction projects. With the release of Survey Pro version 5.0, the software includes a wide range of new powerful features that will be made available as a purchasable upgrade to existing Survey Pro users.
Key new features include:
- Data Management Control: Flexibility in data collection with the ability to edit survey data and fix entry errors or immediately update coordinates. Change a rod height and see the change cascade through the file with the enhanced dynamic file viewer/editor.
- Active DXF:Support for staking activities with DXF files to enable data flow from the design software to field crews, which improves efficiency on the road or construction site. Survey Pro, supported by touch screen data collectors, can actively control the DXF file by allowing selection of engineering objects and creation of new objects with DXF background files, allowing instant design changes on the fly.
- Optimized Workflow:A user customizable home screen enabling the user to configure a favorite choice of field processes to expedite the daily workflow. Easily switch between field processes by selecting the home screen and choosing the next action. Also use the graphical Active Survey map screen to speed activities; for example, tap and hold to create new points, then select points and switch to a graphical stakeout screen to complete the task.
- Updated Feature Codes:Expanded support for high-precision GIS data collection applications. Users can perform auto linework commands as well as edit and draw lines in real time for staking or COGO.
- FXL File Support for Feature Codes and Attributes:Users can customize, import and export to Spectra Precision Survey Office software and other FXL-enabled products.
Survey Pro field software is offered in modules so surveyors can begin with one module and easily add features as they need them. Advanced modules can be easily and remotely installed via electronic upgrades. In addition, Survey Pro software is available in multiple languages and on a variety of data collector platforms.
Survey Pro is currently utilized by more than 40,000 customers worldwide, providing them with reliable and easy to use data collection, computation and field staking. The premiere Survey Pro software solution runs on all the Spectra Precision Ranger 3, Nomad and ProMark data collector models.
The ProMark 800 GNSS receiver and Survey Pro 5.0 field software is expected to be available in the fourth quarter of 2011 through the Spectra Precision global dealer network. For more information visit:www.spectraprecision.comandwww.ashtech.com.
Spectra Precision Introduces New ProMark 800 GNSS Receiver and Survey Pro 5.0 Field Software
September 26, 2011