Home » Hemisphere GPS Announces New S320 GNSS Survey Solution
Hemisphere GPS announces the new S320 GNSS survey receiver, XF1 data collector and survey software. S320 combines the advanced GNSS receiver performance of Hemisphere GPS’ Eclipse II technology, precise geodetic antenna, wireless communication and batteries all in a portable, rugged unit with matching data collector. Designed to be compatible with a variety of existing surveying equipment, S320 is the ideal multi-GNSS positioning system for applications in GIS, construction, mapping, land and marine surveying.
S320 is available as a basic low cost SBAS L1 GPS receiver, with the option to enable full GNSS support and L"'Band corrections. With transmit and receive capabilities, the S320’s UHF 400 MHz or Spread Spectrum 900 MHz internal radio eliminates the need for cables on both base and rover installations. An internal GSM/GPRS modem makes S320 an ideal rover for network RTK, eliminating the hassle of external modems and cables. The XF1 data collector connects via Bluetooth to the S320 and through the Carlson SurvCE software provides a familiar and proven interface to the surveyor. Other brands of software will also be supported.
Hemisphere GPS' SureTrack technology ensures that S320 uses every satellite it is tracking for RTK solutions, even satellites not tracked at the base. Additional benefits include fewer RTK dropouts in congested environments, faster re-acquisitions, and more robust solutions due to better cycle slip detection and the ability to process GNSS data from various manufacturers. Even if the base supports only GPS, SureTrack will process GLONASS signals at the rover to deliver complete GNSS performance.
"S320 represents the advanced technology, durability, and ease of use that our customers have come to expect," said Phil Gabriel, vice president and general manager, Precision Products, for Hemisphere GPS. "By providing a product that is compatible with many others in the marketplace and offers advanced RTK functionality, we expect S320 to be widely accepted, expanding Hemisphere GPS’ market share in precise positioning."
S320 also offers the following benefits:
- With an SD card slot secured behind the battery door, users can safely log large amounts of monitoring data, static observation data, and extended survey projects on the included 2GB memory card.
- An auto level sensor can alert users both visually and via text message when the receiver is no longer level.
- In conjunction with Hemisphere GPS’ HQ asset tracking software, users can track the S320 location from anywhere in the world.
- Dual Bluetooth ports offer users the ability to connect a data collector at the same time as connecting another external device such as a CDMA modem or mobile phone.
- SMS messaging, allows users to communicate remotely with S320 on such indicators as battery status, signal strength, and position. The S320 can also receive text messages of site ID and height of instrument or be shut down remotely.
S320 comes standard with two long-life lithium ion batteries providing more than 10 hours of operation. The batteries are hot swappable so you can change either one without stopping work.
S320 will be featured in the Hemisphere GPS booth 819 at the ION GNSS Conference in Portland, Oregon, September 19-23 and in hall 7, stand C14 at the INTERGEO Conference and Trade Fair in Nuremberg, Germany from September 27-29. S320 will soon be available through the Hemisphere GPS Precision Products global dealer network. For more information about Hemisphere GPS’ Precision Products and S320, please visit www.S320Surveyor.com or www.hemispheregps.com/precision.
In the December 2019 issue of POB, learn how GNSS field mapping played a crucial role in creating the Port of New Orleans first enterprise GIS. Also in this issue, find out how a recent regulatory proposal could restrict UAV flights.