Leica Geosystems Announces More than 50 Presentations at Hexagon 2011
Session titles and speaker names for more than 50 timely presentations are now posted online for the mapping and positioning industry’s most anticipated conference of 2011 – Hexagon 2011 is now just 8 weeks away. The conference, which includes the major, new Geosystems @ Hexagon 2011 track, will be held in Orlando, Florida, June 6 – 9.
In addition to information about planned presentations, descriptions of 17 hands-on training workshops are now also available online. Presentations and hands-on training are specifically tailored for the mapping, positioning, surveying, engineering, construction, asset management, public safety, and geospatial solutions industries. Prospective attendees can check out the live, searchable catalog of sessions at www.hexagonconference.com/sessions-hds.
Site visitors can search by track, sub-track, focus area (for example, BIM, laser scanning, etc.), session type, and speaker to find presentations and workshops just right for their organization. Prospective attendees can start building their own Hexagon 2011 agenda today. Hexagon 2011 also features a large TechExpo and access to Intergraph and Hexagon Metrology tracks, as well as several social and networking events.
Within the Geosystems @ Hexagon 2011 track, a sampling of presentations listed online includes these hot topics:
- How a survey department successfully networked for scan modeling partners at the 2010 Leica Geosystems HDS User Conference and achieved a fast start with HDS/Laser Scanning immediately afterwards; Sandis Civil Engineers Surveyors Planners
- 4 ways to improve your surveying workflow with Imaging; Leica Geosystems Product Management
- Scanning for BIM projects: latest tools and workflows included embedded TruView; Woolpert Assoc.
- RTN-101 - A user/implementer's introduction to network corrected real-time GNSS; Seattle Public Utilities
- Best practices in disaster and risk management - an airborne mapping perspective; Leica Geosystems Product Management
- Providing "clash-checking" services in addition to scanning services for plant engineering clients; AREVA ANP
- A user's perspective: Maximizing the use of advanced survey equipment and software to drive personnel efficiency on a large civil project; CH2M Hill
- How a survey firm leveraged HDS/Laser Scanning for transportation surveys to expand into new markets; LandAir Surveying & Mapping
- Case Study: Monitoring the NY subway construction; Geo-Instruments
- Points-to-BIM: a major contractor's experience in using total station data, tape measurements, and scan data for BIM updates during construction; Hoffman Construction