Fun and Games: December 7
Joke of the Week: Tips for Maintaining a Healthy Level of Workplace Insanity
- Page yourself over the intercom. Don't disguise your voice.
- Make up nicknames for all your co-workers, and refer to them only by these names. For example, "That's a good point, Sparky." "No, I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to disagree with you there, Cha-cha."
- Send an e-mail to the rest of the company telling them exactly what you're doing. For example: "If anyone needs me, I'll be in the bathroom."
- Hang mosquito netting around your cubicle. When you emerge to get coffee or a printout or whatever, slap yourself randomly the whole way.
- Put a chair facing a printer. Sit there all day, and tell people you're waiting for your document.
- Send e-mail back and forth to yourself engaging yourself in an intellectual debate. Forward the mail to a co-worker and ask him or her to settle the disagreement.
- Put decaf in the coffee maker for three weeks. Once everyone has withdrawn from caffeine addiction, switch to espresso.
Problem of the Week: Land Boundary Law: Boundary Law Terms
D. eminent domain
This is problem 2 (3-1) from the NEW third edition of “Surveying Solved Problems for the FS and PS Exams” by Jan Van Sickle, PLS (formerly "1001 Solved Surveying Fundamentals Problems"). Reprinted with permission from “Surveying Solved Problems for the FS and PS Exams” by Jan Van Sickle, PLS (2008 Professional Publications Inc.). For details on this and other FLS exam-prep books, call 800/426-1178 or visit www.ppi2pass.com