TachyCAD 7: Online Surveying on-site and in real-time
TachyCAD makes it possible to automatically, and even wirelessly, transfer data from total stations (tachymeters), laser distance measurement equipment and GPS receivers into a standard CAD system.
TachyCAD offers many functions which speed up the recording of typical components such as windows, doors, bow pieces, stairs or pipe. Database structures, which may be defined freely, grant the adaptation of attribute data, area data and feature data into CAFM systems and data bases.
Additional extensions are available for building survey, factory/plant survey and archaeological survey. Each provides functionality especially developed for the user’s specific needs.
- The support of GPS receivers allows data from GPS equipment to now be used for the construction of any AutoCAD or TachyCAD geometry.
- The support of motorized total stations has been enhanced as well. By automatically aiming for control points, the process of stationing those points is sped up considerably. Another benefit is through TachyCAD’s stakeout command. Selected points from the CAD drawing are automatically shown in the field by a motorized total station in order to determine, for example, the position of drillings or fixed points onsite.
- Also new in TachyCAD 7 is a measurement cache, which saves the measurement data transferred by the instruments. You may refer to this data when, for example, a command has not been stated before a measurement or if you work in pairs: One person measures while the second person draws and can refer to the recorded values.
- An additional stationing procedure is the “Stationing without horizon”. This enables the combination of data taken from different positions on unstable surfaces such as surveying offshore.
- A new function allows users to derive a plane from a cylinder. This is very useful when surveying towers.
- A new command for the manual measurement of orthogonal rooms optimizes the workflow for projects in which a hand-held laser will be frequently used. By using the arrow keys of the manual laser, TachyCAD receives information about the direction of the measurement and is then able to automatically draw the room. Remaining errors are equalized optionally and separate layers are available to compare the true as-built to the best-fit CAD drawing.
- The Helmert transformation is now available and allows users to fit components, planned in CAD, into the previously surveyed reality. This transformation may also be used to combine geometries that have originally been measured in different local coordinate systems.
- TachyCAD 7 has tools for correcting incorrect plans, which show (on request) gaps, double lines and similar potential errors.
- The area and feature management has been thoroughly revised. In addition to numerous new functions and ergonomic improvements, a significant increase in speed for very large data collections has been added.
- TachyCAD 7 is compatible with AutoCAD 2010, AutoCAD LT 2010, and 64bit operating systems.