The selection criteria for this honor are:
- At least 25 years of sustained professional involvement in the GIS field.
- Original and creative contributions to the field.
- Well known and respected by a wide range of peers.
- Consistent demonstration of sound professional and personal ethics.
Previous inductees include:
- 2005 Inductees: Edgar Horwood, Ian McHarg, Roger Tomlinson, Jack Dangermond, Nancy Tosta, and the Harvard Lab
- 2006 Inductee: Dr. Gary Hunter
- 2007 Inductees: Don Cooke and Michael Goodchild Nominations must be submitted to URISA by May 1.
For details and to learn more about current Hall of Famers: www.urisa.org/hall_of_fame