Problem of the Week:Legal Description Problems: Definitions
Each week, we present a surveying problem for you to solve from the third edition of “Surveying Solved Problems for the FS and PS Exams” by Jan Van Sickle, PLS (formerly "1001 Solved Surveying Fundamentals Problems"), some jokes, trivia or other amusing items and a cool link to brighten your day. If you have a joke or link you would like to share, please submit it toornekianl@bnpmedia.
Joke of the Week: Top 10 Things You'll Never Hear a Dad Say10. Well, how 'bout that? I'm lost! Looks like we'll have to stop and ask for directions.
9. You know Pumpkin, now that you're 13, you'll be ready for unchaperoned car dates. Won't that be fun?
8. I noticed that all your friends have a certain "up yours" attitude. I like that.
7. Here's a credit card and the keys to my new car. GO CRAZY.
6. What do you mean you wanna play football? Figure skating not good enough for you, son?
5. Your Mother and I are going away for the weekend. You might want to consider throwing a party.
4. Well, I don't know what's wrong with your car. Probably one of those doohickey thingies -- you know -- that makes it run or something. Just have it towed to a mechanic, and pay whatever he asks.
3. No son of mine is going to live under this roof without an earring. Now quit your bellyaching, and let's go to the mall.
2. What do you wanna go and get a job for? I make plenty of money for you to spend.
1. Father's Day? Eh, don't worry about that. It's no big deal.
Problem of the Week: Legal Description Problems: DefinitionsA description of land by the consecutive reference to courses and distances around its perimeter is called a
A. bounds description
B. plat description
C. aliquot description
D. metes and bounds description
This is problem 1(6-1) from the NEW third edition of “Surveying Solved Problems for the FS and PS Exams” by Jan Van Sickle, PLS (formerly "1001 Solved Surveying Fundamentals Problems"). Reprinted with permission from “Surveying Solved Problems for the FS and PS Exams” by Jan Van Sickle, PLS (2008 Professional Publications Inc.). For details on this and other FLS exam-prep books, call 800/426-1178 or visitwww.ppi2pass.com
> Click here for last week's question and solution