Field Tools for ArcPad allows customers with ESRI’s ArcPad software and ArcPad customizations to take full advantage of their Topcon GPS receiver. With this extension, customers can use the GMS-2 and GMS-2 Pro internal camera, internal compass and internal laser distance meter (GMS-2 Pro only) and have all the convenient GPS configurations in addition to their existing ArcPad functions.
Barbara McInerney, GIS product marketing manager, said, "The release of this software comes in conjunction with the announcement of our new GMS-2 Pro ‘all-in-one’ data collection solution. Field Tools for ArcPad v7.1.1 allows users to take full advantage of the integrated camera, compass, and new laser distance meter and barcode reader capabilities. With these tools all integrated in one small device, our users have enhanced power literally at their fingertips."
New functionality features include:
- Support for ArcPad V7.1.1;
- Offset measurement using GMS-2 Pro internal laser distance meter;
- Feature height/width measurement;
- Barcode reading through image using the GMS-2 Pro in macro mode;
- Optional geotagging on the image with date/time and positional information;
- Communication to Topcon Beacon Receiver (BR-1) via Bluetooth or serial connection;
- Internal GPS receiver support;
- Connection to external Topcon receivers for higher accuracy;
- Connection to Bluetooth cell phone for network DGPS correction;
- Storage of compass and tilt values; and
- Improved user interface for SBAS (Satellite-Based Augmentation System) support including MSAS (Multi-Functional Satellite Augmentation Systems) - WAAS/EGNOS/MSAS.