“It is now possible to build a map from GIS data in Adobe Illustrator and then immediately export it as a fully interactive Flash map complete with rollovers, layer control, pan and zoom controls and all the underlying GIS data attributes intact in a searchable manner.” said Ted Florence, President of Avenza. “This adds a wonderful new dimension to the output possibilities for map creation that anyone can easily employ without any special coding or Flash knowledge”, he added.
A special section of the Avenza website dedicated to the MAP Web Author (Flash Export) functionality, complete with examples and a full online tutorial can be found atwww.avenza.com/mapwebauthor.html.
Features of MAPublisher 8.0 Export to Flash Functionality
- Export completed Adobe Illustrator map documents to Flash without any additional coding or software requirements
- All or some GIS data attributes can be effortlessly embedded as desired
- Easily create rollovers and pop-ups without any special ActionScript or coding required
- Easily embed images, web-links and other custom information
- Ability to control layer visibility
- Search for and identify map features based on attributes
- Zoom and pan functionality included in exported Flash document
- Maintain map quality across multiple media from print to web
More about MAPublisher for Illustrator
MAPublisher for Illustrator is powerful map production software for creating cartographic-quality maps from GIS data. Developed as a suite of plug-ins for Adobe Illustrator, MAPublisher leverages the superior design capabilities of this leading graphic design software.
The MAP Web Author Tool is contained in MAPublisher 8.0 which is available for US$1249 or as an upgrade for US$549 and free of charge to all MAPublisher for Illustrator customers with a valid maintenance subscription. Educational, floating and volume licenses are also be available. Prices include 1 year of maintenance. Full details are available atwww.avenza.com.