The deadline for submissions is May 1, 2009.
URISA will award students cash prizes for best student-authored papers. Winners will be recognized at the URISA Annual Conference in Anaheim, California, September 29-October 2, 2009.
$500 cash. Free conference registration and recognition at the URISA Annual Conference in Anaheim, CA. Paper may be published in the URISAJournal.
$300 cash. Free conference registration. Paper may be published in the URISA Journal.
$150 cash. Free conference registration. Paper may be published in the URISAJournal.
The following types of papers are encouraged:
1. Comprehensive literature review on a spatial technology and its application.
2. Application of spatial statistics.
3. Application of an implemented spatial technology and its demonstrable impact on a public or private sector organization.
4. Treatment and development of spatial technologies and theory.
Application areas of particular interest to URISA members include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Economic development
- Safety or homeland security
- Environmental planning and resource management
- Geographic information systems
- Infrastructure management
- Remote sensing
- Urban land use planning and management
The URISA Student Paper Committee reviews all papers. Winners will be notified in July 2009.
Only papers meeting the evaluation criteria will be considered. Further information regarding eligibility, submission criteria, prizes, and policies are available on the URISA website at www.urisa.org/student_paper_competition.
URISA promotes the effective and ethical use of spatial information and information technologies for the understanding and management of urban and regional systems.