Posted By Southern Civilsurvey on 12/21/2008 at 11:55 AM

I am a PE and PLS in Mississippi. I have a BS in Civil Engineering and almost a MS in the same. The LA requirements are as follows:

"An applicant for LSI/PLS certification shall hold a baccalaureate degree from a curriculum of four years or
more including the completion of at least thirty (30) semester credit hours, or the equivalent approved by the board,
with a grade of “C” or better in courses involving land surveying, mapping, and real property. These 30 semester
credit hours must include the following: a minimum of 15 semester credit hours in Surveying courses, of which 3
hours must be a boundary surveying course; a minimum of 3 semester credit hours in Mapping courses; and a
minimum of 3 semester credit hours in Real Property courses.
Examples of Surveying, Mapping, and Real Property Courses (Topics)
Surveying Mapping Real Property
Basic/Elementary Surveying Graphics/CADD Real Estate Principles
Field Practice & Data Reduction Geographic Information Systems Real Estate Law
Advanced Surveying Mapping/ Cartography Real Estate Valuation
*Boundary Surveying Photogrammetry Real Estate and Land Economics
Subdivision Design Aerial Photo Interpretation
Geodetic Surveying/GPS
*Sample Texts: Evidence and Procedures for Boundary Location, Boundary Control and Legal
Principles, Surveying and Adjacent Boundaries, Clark on Surveying and Boundaries,BLM Manual of Surveying Instructions- (current version)."

Now, I have 11 hours of surveying and 3 hours cad mapping. My question is, will they substitute some roadway design classes for surveying classes and real estate, or would I have to take another 7 hours? What has been your experience with LAPELS?