Chevy Chase, MD-Victor O. Schinnerer & Company, Inc. announces several enhanced endorsements to their business owner’s policy (BOP). The enhancements were developed to address the unique needs of architects, engineers, consultants and especially those of interior designers and surveyors who handle valuable art, papers or use specialized equipment.
Business Owner’s Policy Property Endorsement
The BOP endorsement has increased limits on electronic data equipment, accounts receivable, valuable papers and fine arts. In addition, here are some of the enhancements that specifically benefit design professionals and surveyors:
For design professionals:
- Full coverage for business personal property off premises for 60 days. Optional coverage is available for 60+ days.
- Increased limits for property in their care, custody and control at any location or in transit.
- The fine arts definition has been changed to include models, sculptures and artistic renderings.
- The valuable papers and records definition specifically includes designs and plans.
- Increased limits for laptops and PDAs both on and off premises.
- A definition of surveyor’s equipment has been added to address their unique exposures such as breakage of glass and lenses.
The GL endorsement has been enhanced to benefit many types of design professionals. Here are some of the features:
- Now providing contractual liability coverage for work performed within 50 feet of railroads.
- Most frequently requested types of additional insureds are included. The coverage triggers automatically so policyholders don’t need a separate endorsement each time they’re asked to cover an additional entity.
- Additional insured coverage is triggered by contractual requirements and includes the following:
- 1. Products and completed operations
- 2. Primary or primary and non-contributing
- 3. Waiver of subrogation
- Aggregate limit applies on a per project basis.
For more information on our design firms and consultants program, go towww.PlanetAEC.com.