ESRI and Xplore Technologies Announce Mobile Government Grant Winners
Redlands, California-ESRI, the leading developer of geographic information system (GIS) software, and Xplore Technologies, an innovative manufacturer of rugged mobile computing systems, announce the winners of the joint 2008 ESRI and Xplore Technologies Mobile Government Demonstration Project Grant Program.
The ESRI and Xplore Technologies software, hardware, and training grants, totaling $95,950, have been awarded to 10 state, regional, and local governments. The recipients are
- Alabama Forestry Commission, Forest Management Division
- City of Sarasota, Florida, Public Works and Utilities Department
- County of Bay, Florida, Emergency Services Department
- County of Montgomery, Maryland, Department of Parks
- County of Nueces, Texas, Community Supervision and Corrections Department
- County of Woodford, Kentucky
- Eastern Municipal Water District, California
- State of California, Department of Transportation, District 7
- Town of Narragansett, Rhode Island, Department of Community Development
- Village of Algonquin, Illinois, Parks and Forestry Department
ESRI and Xplore Technologies encourage application sharing in the government community because exchanging ideas on issues that affect their communities helps governments better serve the public. Through the ESRI and Xplore Technologies grant program, governments can take advantage of the open exchange of ideas and shared resources to meet their objectives.
Visit us at www.esri.com.