Posted By danny flashj on 8/14/2008 at 6:16 PM

Is it considered acceptable to use an engineer's cadd file to generate points for a building layout. I'm working on a public school building that has numerous odd angles in the perimeter walls, not 45 or 90 degrees in some places.

If so, what method of setting out do you use? Radial with a total station and check from a different control point? Check between points with a tape?

Just wondering how it is usually done in other parts of the U.S.

1. Radial with total station?