Toronto, ON, August 4, 2008 - Avenza Systems Inc., producers of MAPublisher cartographic software for Adobe Illustrator and Geographic Imager spatial tools for Adobe Photoshop is pleased to announce that the next major release of MAPublisher for Adobe Illustrator, version 8.0, will include the ability to easily export map documents to intelligent, data-rich Flash SWF files for easy seamless publishing on the Internet and other Flash-based delivery mechanisms using Adobe Flash Player.
"We have again responded to the requests of our users by including this very easy to use export to Flash functionality within MAPublisher,” said Ted Florence, President of Avenza, “It will now be possible to build a map from GIS data in Adobe Illustrator and then immediately export it as a fully interactive Flash map complete with rollovers, layers, pan and zoom controls and all the underlying GIS data attributes intact.” he added. In addition to this new Flash authoring functionality, MAPublisher 8.0 will include all the significant functionality introduced in earlier releases of MAPublisher as well as many new features and enhancements. Complete details on MAPublisher 8.0 will be made available at a later date.
Features of MAPublisher 8.0 Export to Flash Functionality
- Export completed Adobe Illustrator map documents to Flash without any additional coding or software requirements
- All or some GIS data attributes can be effortlessly embedded as desired
- Easily create rollovers and popups without any special ActionScript or coding required
- Easily embed images, web-links and other custom information
- Ability to control layer visibility
- Search for and identify map features based on attributes
- Zoom and pan functionality included in exported Flash document
- Maintain map quality across multiple media from print to web