Leveling the plate bubble, effect of sunlight
2. Rotate 90 degrees, placing plate level in line with leg C. Center bubble again.
3. Go back to first position, checking that bubble is still centered.
4. Rotate instrument 180 degrees. If bubble moves off center, move it back 1/2 way, using the leveling screws to adjust for remainder.
5. Position instrument over screw C again, checking bubble is level, and rotate 180 deg. and move again 1/2 way back.
6. Adjust the plate level as required to minimize effort leveling the instrument.
Modified By Alexander Thorp on 5/28/2008 at 1:14 PM