Redlands, California-ArcPad 7.1 and ArcPad Application Builder 7.1, the latest versions of ESRI's mobile GIS software for data collection and field mapping applications, have been released. The new enhancements in ArcPad 7.1 will help experienced users, as well as field personnel new to GIS, capture field data quickly and easily.
ArcPad products are designed for various industries and organizations wanting to extend the benefits of GIS from the office to the field. Together with ArcPad Application Builder, the development and customization framework for ArcPad, version 7.1 continues to simplify the field data collection process and offers advanced functionality for mobile users who need to make critical decisions in the field. ArcPad provides mapping, GIS, and GPS integration to users via handheld mobile devices. It can be easily customized for specific field projects using ArcPad Application Builder. ArcPad software also integrates with ESRI desktop technologies, allowing field edits to be incorporated through disconnected editing.
In version 7.1, the ArcPad object model has been updated to support data relationship rules and includes improved data management tools. ArcPad Application Builder 7.1, sold separately, has been enhanced to include ArcPad database files and custom query forms and enables users to set "read only" layers. ArcPad 7.1 introduces the following enhancements:
- Much-anticipated, out-of-the-box solutions to view and edit relational databases in the field
- QuickProject-A simple data template to capture various geographic features and help both new and experienced users become immediately productive
- StreetMap extension-Includes the most recent North American street map data from Tele Atlas, providing geocoding, routing functionalities, and a preconfigured basemap for users at no additional cost
- Enhanced query capabilities-Includes a query builder and query forms that support predefined, customized queries
- ArcPad Data Manager extension for ArcGIS Desktop-Interactive tools in ArcMap and ArcPad that allow simple automation of field workflows and easier management of mobile GIS project deployments