CENTENNIAL, Colo., January 2, 2006 - Laser Technology, Inc. (LTI), the leading manufacturer of pulse-laser measuring instruments is announcing the release of the TruPulseÃ¤ 200, a high-performance, low-cost laser designed for the professional market. The TruPulse is similar in size and weight to a recreational rangefinder, but it's 3 times more accurate, measures heights and offers BluetoothÃ' data communication.
In 1994, LTI licensed their proprietary technology to Bushnell Sports Optics to create the first line of affordable, consumer rangefinders. "We've made history once again with the TruPulse," says David Williams, CEO of Laser Technology, Inc. "Our goal was to incorporate all the needs of today's professionals and offer a reliable, pocket-size laser at the lowest price point possible."
The TruPulse can range as far as 3,000 ft. (1,000 m) to a non-reflective target and has the ability to obtain 1 ft. (30 cm) accuracy to higher quality targets. With every press of the fire button, the TruPulse automatically provides you with 4 different types of measurements: slope, horizontal and vertical distance as well as the degree of inclination. Knowing what each measurement represents and how it applies to a particular application can make all the difference when collecting reliable field data. In addition, the TruPulse has the ability to accurately measure the height of any target simply by performing an auto sequenced 3-shot routine.
Featuring large, high-quality optics with 7X magnification, the TruPulse provides a crystal-clear field of view for easier targeting and improved visibility in low-light conditions. All the measurements are displayed right inside the parallax-free sighting scope so you never have to take your eye off the target or compensate for proper alignment. An RS232 serial port comes standard with the TruPulse 200 for data communication, whereas the 200B model offers wireless BluetoothÃ' connectivity. Other features include advanced targeting modes which differentiate closest or farthest targets, provide continuous measurement updates while scanning or filter out unwanted targets when shooting to a reflector.
Laser Technology, Inc. manufactures and markets laser-based speed and distance measuring instruments, which utilize proprietary technology developed by the Company. Its products are sold worldwide and are used in a wide variety of applications, including: natural resource management, forestry, GIS mapping, low-grade surveying, traffic safety, crash and crime scene reconstruction and industrial process control. The Company's headquarters and primary manufacturing facilities are located in Centennial, Colorado.
Feature highlights of the TruPulseÃ¤ 200:
- Measures horizontal, slope and vertical distance as well as the degree of inclination
- Measures the height of any target, even if it is partially obscured
- Provides +/- 1 ft (+/- 30 cm) accuracy to high quality targets +/- 1 yd (+/- 1 m) accuracy to low quality targets
- Includes TruTargeting - automatically provides the best possible accuracy and acquisition distance to a given target
- Ranges over 3,000 ft (1,000 m) max to non-reflective targets and 6,560 ft (2,000 m) max to reflective targets
- RS232 serial data communication (standard), BluetoothÃ' connectivity (optional)
- Advanced targeting modes: Closest, Farthest, Continuous and Filter
- Lightweight and pocket-size design - available in dark-grey or high-visibility yellow
- In-scope data display with crystal-clear optics and 7 X magnification
- Powered by 3.0 volts DC nominal; (2) AA batteries (Alkaline, NiCd/NiMH, Lithium) or (1) CRV3 battery