Exton, Pa. - Oct. 19, 2006 - Bentley Systems, Incorporated today announced that BE Conference 2007 will be held at the Los Angeles Convention Center in California, April 29-May 3, and BE Conference Europe will be held at the Hilton London Metropole in the United Kingdom, June 10-14. In addition, the company issued a call for presentations for both events.
The BE Conference, which consistently scores a 99 percent attendee satisfaction rating, is a once-a-year learning opportunity for Bentley user organizations. It offers:
- Keynotes by Bentley executives
- Thousands of hours of accredited learning
- Best practices sessions from experienced peers and technology experts
- Technology updates from Bentley developers and product managers
- The BE Awards of Excellence, the most prestigious awards program dedicated to infrastructure design and management, exclusively at BE Conference 2007
- An exhibition featuring the latest products and services to help support infrastructure project needs
- A variety of networking opportunities
BE, which stands for "Bentley Empowered," represents the achievements of Bentley users, how Bentley can help them reach their goals, and the common vision and causes Bentley and users share.
In keeping with this focus, a high point of BE Conference 2007 in Los Angeles will be the annual BE Awards of Excellence, which honor the extraordinary work of Bentley users improving the world's infrastructure. These projects set benchmarks for their industries and showcase the imagination and technical mastery of the organizations that created them. At the 2006 BE Awards, more than 225 nominations were recognized and 29 winners were honored in the professional portion of the program.
The call for presentations is a BE Conference first. BE users from around the world are invited to submit an application to present a best practices session at either of the 2007 BE Conferences. Architectural, engineering, and construction and GIS/geospatial topics of interest include:
- Building - BIM (Building Information Modeling) for architecture; BIM for building engineering; BIM for multiple disciplines; BIM for simulation and visualization; BIM for sustainable design; managed environment; new technology adoption; structural analysis, design, and documentation; and integrating design and fabrication
- Civil - advancing the road project lifecycle; high-output site design; improving the rail asset lifecycle; advancements in design-to-construction methodologies; optimal water resources management; and structural analysis, design, and documentation
- Geospatial - high-productivity communications network engineering; putting GIS at the heart of local government; improving organization productivity through a managed environment; innovation in mapping and cadastre projects; the benefits of 3D GIS; advancements in public works projects; building next-generation utility networks; and the benefits of geospatial Web publishing
- Plant - multidiscipline plant design; plant lifecycle information management; supply chain integration and interoperations; and structural analysis, design, and documentation
- Training - demonstrating return on investment for a well-trained organization
- General - managing, finding, and sharing information with ProjectWise; simulation and visualization with MicroStation; innovations with MicroStation
For more information on these topics, visit www.be.org/topics.
The deadline for application submissions is Nov. 30, 2006. The benefits of being a presenter include recognition as an industry expert plus a waiver of all conference fees. For details, visit www.be.org/CallforPresentations.
For more information on BE Conference 2007 and BE Conference Europe, go to www.be.org/beconference.
About BentleyBentley Systems, Incorporated provides software for the lifecycle of the world's infrastructure. The company's comprehensive portfolio for the building, plant, civil, and geospatial verticals spans architecture, engineering, construction (AEC) and operations. With 2005 revenues of $336 million and more than 2000 colleagues around the world, Bentley is the leading provider of AEC software to the Engineering News-Record Top 500 Design Firms and major owner-operators and was named the world's No. 2 provider of GIS/geospatial software solutions in a recent Daratech research study.
To receive Bentley press releases as they are issued, visit www.bentley.com/bentleywire. For more information, visit www.bentley.com. To view a copy of Bentley's May 2006 Annual Report online, go to www.bentley.com/May2006annualreport.