ESRI, the world leader in geographic information system (GIS) and mapping software, announced that ArcGIS Survey Analyst, an extension to ArcGIS 8.3, is shipping. Survey Analyst manages survey data in a geodatabase and represents survey measurements and observations on a map. Survey Analyst provides the comprehensive tools for survey data management that surveyors and GIS technicians need to work together in an integrated system. Surveyors can use Survey Analyst to store and manage their survey measurements in a geodatabase. GIS technicians can use the survey measurements stored with Survey Analyst to incrementally improve their GIS data and evaluate the accuracy of GIS features.
Survey Analyst enables users to
- Store survey data as part of geodatabase.
- Use survey data to improve spatial data accuracy of geographic features.
- Manage measurement data from different sources.
- Store measurements, survey points, and computations for later use.
- Perform GIS feature editing using surveyed data.
ArcGIS Survey Analyst requires an ArcView 8.3, ArcEditor 8.3, or ArcInfo 8.3 license. For more information on Survey Analyst, call 1-800-447-9778 or visit the ESRI Web site at www.esri.com/surveyanalyst. Outside the United States, please contact your local ESRI distributor; see www.esri.com/international for a current distributor list.