FEMA offers official determinations regarding the location of property relative to the Special Flood Hazard Area (SFHA).

For those who believe their property is not located in a 100-year floodplain [also known as a Special Flood Hazard Area (SFHA)], as shown on their community's Flood Insurance Rate Map (FIRM) and would like FEMA to make an official determination regarding the location of their property relative to the SFHA, property owners may request a Letter of Map Amendment (LOMA) or a Letter of Map Revision Based on Fill (LOMR-F). A tutorial series has been designed to walk users through the application and information gathering processes that must be followed to request single-lot LOMAs and LOMR-Fs. The tutorial series also provides users with an online tool to complete portions of the MT-EZ (used for single lot LOMAs) and MT-1 ( used for LOMR-Fs) forms, which they may then print and mail to FEMA with all required supporting data, signatures and FEMA review fees (only for LOMR-Fs), as appropriate. Additional information about the LOMA and LOMR-F request processes can be found at http://www.fema.gov/mit/tsd/ot_lmreq.shtm. If you have not already done so, FEMA encourages you to download copies of the MT-EZ and MT-1 forms, available in the Forms section of the site, before launching the tutorials.