ARE Inc., manufacturer of fiberglass truck caps and tonneau covers, debuted a 2004 Ford F-150 feature vehicle at this year's SEMA Show. The truck has been upfitted for use in the great outdoors.
"We've taken the 'Built Ford Tough' concept and applied it to outdoor enthusiasts who need a rough and ready vehicle for getting out into the field," said Todd Roberson, vice president, sales and marketing, A.R.E., Inc. "This vehicle not only showcases our Z-series cap, but also a variety of available aftermarket parts that will make the most of any outdoor adventure."
Other sponsors of this project include:
- Packasport(tm) by A.R.E. - fiberglass rooftop storage system
- Bridgestone/Firestone North American Tire, LLC - Bridgestone Dueler H/P light truck tires
- TSW Alloy Wheels - "Reaction" wheels
- Nomadic - Glider Series Roof Rack
- Luverne Truck Equipment, Inc. - Nerf bars
- Westside Research - in-bed cargo management system
- J&J Enterprises - stainless steel grille
- Rostra Precision Controls - Rear Obstacle Sensing System (ROSS)
- BedRug by Wise Industries - bedliner
Roberson said the F-150 will be used for a variety of promotional appearances throughout 2004 and beyond, including the L.A. Auto Show, Reno Rodeo and Hot August Nights Reno.
Source: ARE Inc., Dec. 10, 2003