Tripod Data Systems (TDS) announced version 4.0 of its flagship Survey Pro data collection software. Survey Pro 4.0 includes a number of new features and workflow enhancements to help surveyors work more productively in the field.
Survey Pro 4.0 includes 13 new features along with 12 enhancements. A full list of Survey Pro 4.0 improvements is available online.
Among the highlights are:
- A new Instrument Manager that makes it easy to pre-configure settings for total stations, GPS receivers, levels and other field instruments. After initially entering settings, users simply choose an instrument and Survey Pro is ready to work with it. And once settings are entered it's easy to switch back and forth between instruments. Users can also copy an instrument profile to other data collectors.
- Basemaps that let users import a drawing or graphic to use as a background of a map for reference. This makes it easier to identify landmarks and staking points. Basemaps can be imported in both GeoTIFF and DXF file formats.
- An editable Quick Pick list for Survey Pro on the TDS Recon and Ranger that creates shortcuts for frequently used functions and routines.
- Survey Pro 4.0 now works with Land XML files on data collectors, eliminating repetitive or manual data input. Users can import and export points, alignments, polylines and parcels.
- A new Start Survey Wizard on Survey Pro GPS that takes users through a streamlined GPS setup procedure for easier, more reliable GPS connections. Digital cell phones can now be used in place of a radio data link for GPS communications.
- With Survey Pro Robotics, users can aim a robotic total station remotely from a Recon or Ranger. Survey Pro 4.0 adds fine-turning routine with a unique graphical interface allows remote aiming for even precise turns.
- With a new optional leveling module, Survey Pro 4.0 can now work with most types of digital levels, recording level loop data to help eliminate repetitive or manual data input.
Source: TDS, May 17, 2004