Cindy Domenico has served as the assessor of Boulder County, Colorado, since 1997, and has been a member of the assessor's office appraisal staff for twenty years. The development of Boulder County's GIS and implementations of the technology for appraisal analysis have been a focus of her work. The National Association of Counties, the Denver Regional Council of Governments, and the International Association of Assessing Officers have recognized Cindy and her staff as innovators in GIS and exemplary systems in local government.
She has been an active URISA member since 1993. She served on the Board of Directors from 2000-2003 and was the treasurer during this time. Among many other volunteer activities, Cindy has been a frequent presenter and moderator at URISA conferences and has been particularly instrumental in the success of the Integrating GIS & CAMA Conference, the annual event jointly sponsored by the IAAO.
Three new directors were elected by the URISA membership to serve a three-year term on the URISA Board, also beginning in November. The three new board members are:
- Eric Bohard, GIS Manager, Clackamas County, Oregon
- Shoreh Elhami, GIS Director, Delaware County Auditors Office, Ohio
- Allen Ibaugh, AICP, Urban and Regional Domain Solutions Manager, Space Imaging, Orlando, Florida
At the close of URISA 2004 in Reno, the terms of service for these board members will conclude:
- Martha Lombard, Past-President, Spatial Focus, Birmingham, Alabama
- Susan Johnson, Key Business Executive, City of Charlotte, North Carolina
- Anne Payne, GISP, GIS Database Administrator, Wake County, North Carolina
- Hilary Perkins, GISP, AICP, Project Manager, Jacobs Civil Inc, St. Louis, Missouri
Source: URISA, Aug. 17, 2004