Sokkia Announces Resignation of Oda 3.27.03
After more than 30 years with Sokkia Corporation, President Tak Oda has resigned his position in March after completing his contract with the company. He will be returning to Japan.
Oda succeeds the company to Ed Yamanaka, who has 21 years with Sokkia, 14 of which have been spent in the United States:
- January 1982 to December 1985: Overland Park, representative for SOKKISHA USA Inc.
- January 1986 to March 1990: General manager of SOKKIA Electronic USA Inc.
- April 1990 to March 1993: Manager of SOKKIA BV in the Netherlands
- April 1993 to December 1995: Manager of International Dept. of SOKKIA Japan
- January 1996 to December 1996: Represntative of SOKKIA at Overland Park
- January 1997 to March 2002: President of SOKKIA Central and South America
- April 2002 to March 2003: President of SOKKIA Singapore
The Sokkia motto remains "Back to Basics" as does its focus for 2003 to remain "Customer Focused, One Customer at a Time."
Sokkia welcomes all ACSM attendees to meet Ed Yamanaka at booth #310 in Phoenix. If any customer has any questions, please contact 800/225-3913.