Most recently the Corporate GIS Business Consultant for the City of Calgary, Alberta, Canada, Dianne has left the City after 21 years of service to become the GIS Program Coordinator at the Alberta Energy and Utilities Board. She has been active in the URISA organization at both the local and international level for the past fifteen years, from speaking and moderating at URISA conferences to serving on the Board of Directors from 1999-2002 and as the Board Secretary, 2001-2002. Among many other volunteer activities, Dianne has been extremely active on the URISA Chapter Relations Committee and has held numerous positions of leadership within the URISA Alberta Chapter.
In her Statement to the Membership, Dianne included, "URISA offers a tremendous resource of information in the fields of urban information systems and integration of information technologies. This sharing of the concepts, ideas and experiences used to solve urban and regional problems, has proven to be one of the strengths and benefits of our organization. We must continue to build on these strengths by providing the forums for discussion among members and encouraging and developing strategic partnerships with other national and international organizations. We must continue employing emerging technologies to provide alternate, cost-effective methods to facilitate information access and exchange, to enhance the provision of member services, and to encourage the growth of the organization and move it forward to the future. "
Three new directors were also elected by the URISA membership to serve a three-year term on the URISA Board, beginning in October. The three new Board members are:
- Kathrine Cargo, GIS/Mapping Coordinator, Orleans Parish Communication District, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Steve Kinzy, Regional Manager for ESRI, St. Louis, Missouri
- Lisa Lubeley, GIS Manager, City of Escondido, California
At the close of URISA 2003 in Atlanta, the terms of service for these Board members will conclude:
- Peirce Eichelberger, Past-President, GIS Manager for Chester County, PA
- Cindy Domenico, Treasurer, Assessor for Boulder County, CO
- Bruce Joffe, Secretary, GIS Consultants, Oakland, CA
- Ed Wells, GeoDecisions, Washington, DC