At the 17th annual GIS for Transportation Symposium (GIS-T) being held this week in Rapid City, S.D., Intergraph Mapping and Geospatial Solutions (booths 32-37) is presenting a breadth of transportation solutions successfully implemented among 39 Department of Transportation (DOT) state agencies nationwide, as well as provincial, federal and municipal agencies worldwide. The symposium provides a forum for professionals interested in the design and use of geographic information systems (GIS) for transportation.
Intergraph transportation solutions are designed to increase productivity and improve daily decision making and management for engineers, planners and administrators in the transportation industry. The company's array of solutions includes geospatial data management and cartography, earth imaging, geospatial infrastructure management, land information management and mobile resource management.
During the symposium, Intergraph Mapping and Geospatial Solutions will honor five state/provisional transportation agencies as recipients of the 2004 GeoSpatial Innovations for Transportation Award. The award is presented to transportation organizations that have implemented innovative solutions illustrating the benefits of geospatial technology in support of the organization and the public they serve. This year's award recipients include:
- Alberta Transportation - "Transportation Infrastructure Management System"
- Kansas DOT - "RCRS/CDRS & KGATE Enterprise Web Sites and Enterprise Image Management Solution"
- Hawaii DOT -"Enterprise Highways GIS Web Portal"
- Nebraska Department of Roads -"NECTAR Enterprise Web Portal"
- Tennessee DOT -"TRIMS Solution and the Enterprise Image Management Solution"
Source: Intergraph, March 29, 2004